Thursday, October 1, 2009

Triangular Comments 2[HW #8- ABCDEF]

Comment for John's Blog

Hello buddy, I am here once again to give you comments today.

This is definitely one of the more unique videos. You covered many different aspects of digitalization in your life, as opposed to the popular: what the person look like when they're using the computer. I also like the fact that you included the walk on the boardwalk as a (fragile)contradiction to your digital life.

From what I've read in your description, it appears that digitalization does not consistently have a firm grasp on your life. But when it does, you feel like your hours are cut short for that one day.

I think that your boardwalk example connects to the discussions that teenagers have nowadays (that is including myself, sometimes). In the same way that music has tainted your walk on the board walk, many other different forms of DRD distracts us from the discussions that we have with one another. For example, recently I've noticed that more and more people are talking to their friends on the subway, with their headphones in one ear, and just listening to their friends with the other.

"Pretty much i look like a zombie when i'm on the computer, when i'm playing a more interactive game like fight night 2 i get immersed so much that my body reacts to everything happening within the game."- To develop this further, why do you think this is? Are we creating a fake reality within our reality? Or perhaps we're just less "dead" when we're doing stuff that we enjoy, or maybe we really less obligated to do?

After watching your video and reading your post, I will begin to pay more attention to what my focal point is when I'm walking down the streets, or sitting in the subway. Maybe by evaluating this, I can also evaluate how distracted I am from the non-digital life around me, that involves humans rather than zombies.

Anyways, I enjoyed watching your video. It was certainly one of the more interesting. And good luck on those votes/nominations for this video.


Comment for Gavin's Blog

Thanks for the unfiltered reactions towards playing Halo, and getting owned. They're certainly the most important aspects of your gameplay. Like John said, I appreciate that you are well aware that this is a video that will be watching, and that you are trying to live up to the standard of videos being entertaining. You being owned definitely met that standard (lawlz).

From what I can tell, using the computer and playing video games would be your first preference. And instead, you'd rather be "reading or exercising, or just taking a walk, or socializing offline."

At around the seventh minute, your mom says "dinner is ready," and you simply replied by saying "okay" (or "O.K."- I'm not sure). Just this one segment connects to almost all of lives; at least to my life. That "okay" statement is kind of like an automatic program that has been implanted into our heads to immediately eliminate the obstacle; in this case, it would be the nagging of the parents.

One thing that I would suggest is that you trim down your video, but at the same time, retain those moments of QQing. Also, I was wondering what you thought about people not appearing as too happy (like you said third question), but yet keep this consistent motion of logging onto the internet or onto Facebook, or what have you. Do you think that their is a lack in that happy emotion? Or just the expression of that happy emotion? =]

Reading your answer to the first question, combined with reading Esther's post, I feel that my belief about constant entertainment is reinforced. We are always pressured to entertained, or be entertained. In some cases, like you said, we cannot do so without music or any alterations.

Alright, I'm out. Oh, by the way..."I didn't look quite happy"- cause you got OWNED.

No comments:

Post a Comment