Thursday, September 17, 2009

Triangular Comments 1 [ HW #4- ABCDEF]

Comment for John's Blog
Yo John,

I appreciate the fact that you incorporated specific pieces of evidence/examples, drawn from your own experience and observations. They verify that the things you're saying aren't just assumptions.

From what I read, I can see that you believe digitalization is mostly a negative thing, mainly because it distracts us from reality. We're replacing the lives that was given to us at birth, with ones that have been given to us through TCPs/IPs. And while, technology may have many bad aspects, it also consists of aspects taht help us "learn, laugh and grow."

"I gotta log onto facebook real quick, just for a little bit then i'll do my work."- I can definitely see this in my own life as well. Not necessarily Facebook though. For me, it seems like there is always a need to do something inconsequential, just to get it out of the way before doing anything that is required by other people.

Is going to the gym really any different than going on Facebook, socially?
"People are so caught up in living a cyber life and interacting with one another without moving, they lost their way of life"- I disagree with this statement, or at least the wording of this statement. Why can't being ingested by technology be a way of life?

I shall deeply consider Jason's quote, and what it means to do something for others, and not for yourself.

Thanks for the good reads.



Comment for Gavin's Blog:
Props to you for the clarity of this blog. It was very easy for me to identify your key points and examples. And like John said, your writing definitely has a voice- well, your voice. It wasn't like my blog, which went like "blah, blah, blah."

It seems like you focused on how the "digital void" distorts our voice. The difference in how we speak varies, depending on what we're looking at, whether it's the person's face, and a glowing rectangular box. It also understand that you believe digitalization is taking over our lives, in that it controls our interest/topic of discussions (VMA awards), our love lives ("I have always loved you, from the day we met, but it amounts to very little in this 12 point Times New Roman."), our academics (blogs, Mr. Z's UT website), and the stuff we listen to.

"I was just upstate this weekend, with no phone and no internet, no cable TV. I felt perfectly fine..."- Yeah, I feel the same way every time I go through a day without using much technology. In fact, I feel a sense of accomplishment... uh oh, is it because of my frame of reference?

Well, in class, you mentioned that technology has helped certain people hone their skills (e.g. Binta and her photography was the one you mentioned). And in your last paragraph, you talked about Disney "artists" getting by, through auto tune, meaning little or no talent involved--- Do you think that the two counterbalances each other? Or does one over weigh the other?


I think the whole "digital void" idea will stay in my mind for quite some time. After reading that, my mind keeps associating technology with an abyss. Thanks a lot.

See you later, my triad buddy. I will look forward to reading and commenting on your future blogs- which reminds me: I should go back to your summer blog and comment on those too.

No comments:

Post a Comment