Monday, November 16, 2009

"And Thus Did Man Become the Architects of Its Own Demise"

Architects of Its Own Demise from Andy on Vimeo.



1. Is your art a hammer or a mirror? Why?
This piece of art is a mirror, as intended. It does not stimulate a need to change in our lifestyles, nor does it shape them. It is no hammer- simply a really cool mirror that reflects on our interaction with, and impression of digital representational devices. If anything, the original clips would be the hammer; my video is merely an alteration that allows me to fulfill my duty as a student trying to earn his grade.

2. Does your art make you fink and theel? What are some of your own reactions to your art?
Hmm...what does my art make me fink and theel? Well, while I was watching/re-watching the Animatrix clips, and trying to create some sort of theme to my video, I noticed that there are many parallels between this futuristic world, and our current world. One parallel would be that we both exploit our resources. We take everything for granted, and think that everything is there for us to take; everything belongs to the humans.

Another thought that was triggered by my video was that based on this, the robots have become more natural than us. We are slowly turn into these mechanical beings where everything is done for us without thought. We think that we have our own input in things, but we are actually just programmed to do whatever it takes to get job done (e.g. killing off the robots/their sources of labor in fear that the robots will take over). Although the robots in here follow the same concept, they can at least say that they did things with their own hands.

I think that this video also shows that, we always try to take control of the world, but instead we are the ones who always get dominated. We think we are the ones that are manipulating the DRDs/robots, but in fact, they are the Lords of Trance (hence the song choice).

3. What was the most interesting aspect of your making of the art?
The most interesting aspect of me making this art would probably be the fact that I never really finish any of these AMV (anime music videos). I guess this assignment gave me the incentive to finish this one.

1 comment:

  1. YES FIRST COMMENT. I love your video, it was amazing. It really reached our to me and those clips were picked well O_O!

    where is this all from??

    ReplyDelete